Congratulations! Thank you for your service as a frontline member of our community!
*Please note that Macomb Community College receives the names of those who are eligible for the Futures for Frontliners scholarship directly from the State of Michigan. Our records are updated with that information on a regular basis.
In order to for our Financial Aid office to review your Futures for Frontliners scholarship eligibility, you must complete the following:
- Complete your 2020-2021 & 2021-2022 FAFSA and have it sent to Macomb (Macomb’s code is 008906).
- New students to Macomb must complete their admissions steps to become an admitted student and former Macomb students must complete a Student Update Form in order for Financial Aid to review your FAFSA.
- Once admitted or updated, Financial Aid information may be accessed through My Macomb in the Financial Aid tab of the self-service menu.
As a reminder, the Futures for Frontliners Scholarship…
- Covers any Macomb financial aid eligible academic certificate or associate degree program.
- Covers resident tuition and fees. Any student not considered a resident would need to cover the remaining tuition expenses. Learn more about residency rates here.
- You must apply for federal financial aid by submitting the FAFSA form
- You must be enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours (part-time) each semester and maintain a 2.0 gpa.
- Funding lasts up to four years or until the completion of an associate degree, whichever comes first.
Current Macomb student
- All you have to do is register for classes!
Returning Macomb student (if it’s been more than two years since you’ve taken classes at Macomb)
New Macomb student
- Create your Admission Account and submit your application -www.macomb.edu/start.
- Watch for an email after your application has been processed with your Macomb ID#.
- Once you receive your Macomb ID#, complete your admission steps so you can be admitted.
Register for Classes
Student Planning is our system used to plan, schedule and register for classes. You can view tutorial videos or helpful handouts here!
- The Future for Frontliners scholarship will cover tuition and fees AFTER Pell Grant, Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) and other Michigan competitive grants have been exhausted.
- Even if you don’t qualify for Financial Aid, the scholarship may cover you. If additional documentation is needed, Financial Aid will reach out to you.
- Eligible students may not be in default on any federal student loan or have received an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- If you have a balance with Macomb, we will work with you on a repayment option.
- The scholarship is not eligible for reimbursement, so extra funds not needed for tuition fees will not be given to the student as a refund.
©2020 Macomb Community College
We value your privacy and will never rent or sell your information.